Signs and symptoms
- After the client logs in, the Windows will not upload the client profile and as a result the client unable to see their desktop and files. (this rarely happens)
- After logs in, the message “You’ve been signed in with a temporary profile” will be shown.
- In Event Viewer and the head title Application, the following message will pop-up:
Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
DETAIL – The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
- You need to exclude the following path in your anti-virus:
- %HOMEPATH%\NTUSER.DAT %HOMEPATH%\ntuser.dat.log1 %HOMEPATH%\ntuser.dat.log2
- Amendment: following paths must be excluded in all Padvish 2.4 and 2.5 series.
- %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.log1 %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.log2
- If you have Window 2003 and XP, the following path must be excluded:
- %HOMEPATH%\ntuser.dat.log %HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat %HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.log
- To excluding according to the path in Padvish management console:
- Right-click on the server or relevant client group
- Go to Change Client Settings> Padvish Antivirus
- In the Exception tab, select Add (By Path).
- Do this for other mentioned tasks
This message has different reasons and it is possible that does not relate to your anti-virus and other breakdowns in the system cause. To find the exact reason you must read the current messages in Windows Event Viewer.
In this particular case, the problem is due to the anti-virus scanning of files when Windows is logged in. In this situation, in Event Viewer, the “file is in use” message will pop-up that is related to the ntuser.dat file in the client profile path.
If you see other messages in Event Viewer, you must try to follow and resolve this problem according to the popped-up message.