What is the automatic backup of the Padvish management console database and in which and for how long these backups will maintain?
- Padvish management console back up its database (including clients and groups information, logs and settings, etc.) at 2 a.m., daily and by default.
- The default backup storage path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnpardaz\Server\DBBackup
- Back up time and back up storage path can be changed in Server Settings > Backup Settings
- To delete old backups, the Padvish management console using follow algorithms:
- No backups will be deleted for two weeks. As a result, the backup will maintain daily for two weeks.
- After two weeks, backups will maintain weekly for a month. (From the second week until the end of the sixth week, only one backup will maintain each week).
- After two weeks + one month, that backups will maintain monthly for a year.
- Thus in total, 14 daily backups, 4 weekly backups, and 12 monthly backups will maintain.
- In addition to the above mechanism, there is a volumetric maximum for maintaining backups, that backups will be deleted if the volume passes the maximum.
- This maximum adjusted to 25 gigabytes by default.
- The maximum is determinable by following Registry Key:
- Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AmnPardaz\Server
- Value: BackupSizeSoftLimitGB of the type of DWORD
- The adjusted number in this key is the volumetric maximum value on a gigabyte scale of maintaining backups. ( number 25 will consider 25 gigabytes)